almost 4 years ago
There are two weeks left to build a web application that completely revamps the USDA Food and Nutrition Service’s school meal programs application form!
Submissions are due March 1 before 5pm ET. Find out what time that is in your city.
If you haven't submitted a project on Devpost before, you should also check out our step-by-step guide on how to use the hackathon submission form.
Before you say "ship it!", make sure you run through this list:
- Does your web application include and collect all required fields necessary for application consideration by local school districts? (A list of the required fields can be found on the resources page.)
- Is your application open-sourced and provided under an MIT license? You must include a link to an open source code repository for your submitted application.
- Have you included a way to capture, save, and export the completed web-based form responses?
- Does your application include user interface question prompting to assist with form completion?
- Have you provided proof that user testing was completed and feedback was provided?
- Have you provided a link to your working application for judging and testing? Did you include step-by-step testing instructions, including instructions for how to download or access your solution for testing?
- Have you created a submission video? Does your video clearly demonstrate how your solution works? Is it no more than five minutes long? (Tip: How to make a great submission video)
- Have you included at least one or more screenshots of your solution?
Be sure to read through the official rules more than once. Or better yet, have a friend or colleague provide a second pair of eyes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.